The NAST Award for Outstanding Research in Tropical Medicine (NAORTM) is intended to recognize outstanding research works that contribute to the advancement of the country’s knowledge and practice in Tropical Medicine.
- To honor outstanding research contributions to the field of Tropical Medicine
- To recognize the role of scientific research in the country’s development
The NAORTM will be given annually during the celebration of Health Month. It will follow a two-step process. The first step is open to all individuals or groups engaged in scientific and technological research (basic or applied) that focuses on Tropical Medicine. Only the aspirants who pass the screening by the Board of Judges will be asked to present their papers to the Science Congress to be held during the Annual Convention of the Manila Medical Society.
The Board of Judges will select the most outstanding research paper presented at the Science Congress. The winner will receive the NAST Award for Outstanding Research in Tropical Medicine, which will include a plaque of recognition and cash prize.
1. Filipino citizen
2. Affiliated with any of the following:
- Scientific society (academic or professional);
- Research institution or firm (government or private);
- College or university;
- Non-government organization
3. Able to present a scientific paper (published or unpublished, completed within the last three  years prior to the award) during a science congress scheduled during the Annual Convention of the Manila Medical Society. The involvement of the nominee in the research should be explained if the paper is jointly authored.
Nominations to this award may be made by the heads of government or private research institutions, departments, institutes of colleges or universities, academic or professional scientific organizations, societies, non-government organizations, or environmental organizations.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the:
3rd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631