The NAST Environmental Science Award is intended to recognize outstanding scientific and technological research works that contribute to environmental protection and conservation.
With the rapid pace of environmental degradation and the eventual depletion of natural resources, it is vital that the remaining resources be used wisely and that pollution and contaminations be prevented for the benefit of today's and future generations.
The grand prize winner will receive Php 50,000.00 and a certificate of recognition from the Academy. Winners of special citations will receive Php 10,000.00 and a certificate of recognition.
Candidates nominated must be:
- Filipino citizens;
- Affiliated with any of the following:
- Scientific society (academic or professional)
- Research institution or firm (government or private)
- Environmental organization
- Any other relevant non-governmental organization;
- The involvement of the nominee in the research should be explained if the paper is jointly authored; and
- Of good moral character
Nominations to this award may be made by the heads of government or private research institutions, departments, institutes of colleges or universities, academic or professional scientific organizations, societies, non-government organizations or environmental organizations.
Decisions of the Board of Judges shall be final and not appealable.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the:
3rd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631