The NAST-TWAS Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines is an award given to outstanding young Filipino scientist by the Academy (NAST) and the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
One award each year, consisting of US$2,000 and a plaque , is given in a selected discipline for the year - biology, chemistry, mathematics, or physics.
For 2011, the TWAS Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines will be given for Chemistry. For 2012, 2013 and 2014,it will be for Mathematics, Physics, and Biology respectively.
A nominee must be:
- A Filipino citizen;
- Must not be 41 years old within January to December in the year of the awarding;
- Of good moral character;
- Possessing at least a master of science or Ph.D. degree;
- Author or co-author of a significant number of original research and publications; and
- Fully qualified for an OYS award.
Criteria for selection include:
- Quality and number of scientific works and publications;
- Contributions to the well-being of the Philippine economy and culture
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the:
3rd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631