THE OUTSTANDING SCIENCE ADMINISTRATOR AWARD
(Dioscoro L. Umali Medal)
The award is given in recognition of S&T or R&D administrators who have made significant contributions to science and technology through effective management and implementation of plans and programs. The S&T or R&D administrator may come from the academe, private sector or government.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
The Outstanding Science Administrator awardee will be chosen by the Board of Judges. The following are the criteria for evaluation:
- Contribution to technological development
- Resource generation activities
- Dedication and commitment
- Acceptance of peers and colleagues
a. The award is open to all Filipino heads of S&T and/or R&D agencies or institutions from the academe, private sector or government
b. He/She must have been holding the said position for at least two (2) years before the award.
c. Candidates should be nominated by the heads of government or private institutions with the following requirements:
- Comprehensive bio-data
- Accomplishments or contributions to S&T or R&D management in terms of projects implemented, resources generated and the like
- Effectiveness in fulfilling the mission and objectives of his/her institution
d. The Board of Judges may, if found necessary, interview the candidates
e. Decisions of the Board of Judges shall be final and unappealable.
f. The Board of Judges has the right not to declare any winner
The award consists of a cash award of PhP150,000.00 and a medal.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the:
3rd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631