The NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
is in need of SCIENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST II (SRSII-2017-13)
- Assist in the implementation of the project on “Supporting the Development of Partnerships in the STI Ecosystem”;
- Assist in the conduct of focused group discussions (FGD), policy fora, workshops and related activities; coordinate with contact persons in pertinent DOST regional offices; prepare invitations for speakers/resource persons and participants; make travel arrangements and prepare all the necessary documents needed for the successful conduct of said activities the outcome of which will be the basis in the formulation of recommendations and proposals;
- Draft reports, executive summaries and press releases based on presentations and discussions held in the conduct of FGDs, fora, workshops and related activities for consideration of the focal persons and concerned resource persons and committees or divisions;
- Maintain files/documents of conducted activities; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Superior organizational skills – manages and organizes several events at the same time
- Above average written communication skills –– writes well-organized and clear reports, technical papers and press releases
- Average oral communication skills – able to talk with others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Good interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to communicate effectively with the client, public and media
- Problem solving skills – uses good judgement and resolves problems/concerns regarding assigned tasks
- Computer literate/ computer savy
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with graduate course units and research experience in marine science/ oceanography or related fields;
- One (1) year relevant experience
- Four (4) hours of relevant training
Period of engagement: March 2017 to February 2018, renewable for another year.
Interested applicants may submit their letter of application, resume, transcript of records, employment certificate/s, training certificate/s and other documents on or before March 17 to
THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
National Academy of Science and Technology
3rd Level Science Heritage Building, DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City
Note: Please indicate Reference No. SRSII-2017-05 in your application letter.
Date of posting: March 6, 2017