The NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Is in need of PROJECT ASSISTANT I
- Assist in the implementation of the plans, programs, and activities related to the NAST recognition function;
- Assist in the processing of proposals and monitoring of projects of NAST awardees under the DOST-GIA program “DOST’s Grant to Outstanding Achievements in Science and Technology”, which will not be limited to initial evaluation of proposals for conformity to requirements, referral of proposals to concerned division/individual for evaluation, request for certification from DOST Councils and NRCP for no duplication, preparation of documents, preparation of documents for approval of NAST Executive Council, transmittal to DOST for processing of fund, monitoring of required reports, and coordination with DOST concerning the projects and project funds, etc.
- In charge of the procurement requirements of the function, which includes preparation of purchase requests, requests for quotations, etc., in coordination with the NAST Finance and Administrative Division;
- Prepare required reports and documents; and
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills – deals with the public, different DOST offices, and the NAST awardees regularly; must be open and friendly to maintain a favorable image for NAST
- Good organizational skills – sometimes assist in managing events
- Problem solving skills – uses good judgement and resolves problems/concerns regarding assigned tasks
- Average oral communication skills – sometimes represents NAST in meetings/gatherings and therefore, must be able to clearly explain the organization’s mandates and positions on different issues
- Average written communication skills – writes well-organized and clear reports; and must be able to grasp key messages they want to get across and write them in brief and concise manner to get the attention of readers and listeners.
- Graduate of science or related course
- Relevant experience an advantage but not required
- Relevant training an advantage but not required
Compensation – P18,961.60/month
Period of Engagement – November to December 2017 (may be renewed depending on performance)
Qualified applicants may submit not later than 10 October 2017 the following to the Finance and Administrative Division, NAST, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Letter addressed to Ms. Luningning Samarita Domingo, Director IV, NAST
- Only shortlisted applicants will be included in the interview. Incomplete submission of requirements will not be considered.
- Please indicate in the subject of the application letter the Reference No. “SRSI-2017-19”.
- Date of posting: October 3, 2017