2022 SCIENTIFIC POSTER SESSION
National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines (NAST PHL)
44th Annual Scientific Meeting
Theme: “STI Foresight PAGTANAW 2050”
Venue: TBA | Date: 12-14 July 2022
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers for the Scientific Posters Session in line with this year’s theme: “STI Foresight PAGTANAW 2050"
The papers must be:
The papers must be:
- Original or have not been presented in any other forum, event or competition. Based at least on undergraduate thesis research, not based on high school science projects or class laboratory experiments, and
- Not based on preliminary data.
- An Author can only submit as major author once; the maximum number of papers as a co- author is three (3).
Steps in submitting an abstract entryAuthors are requested to submit the details of their paper via google forms follow this link: https://forms.gle/yGd2mPMLcTLzjkYP7
- Check the entry in the google sheets. The link is provided in the google form.
- Take note of the corresponding number of your entry in the google sheets.
- The google sheets number will serve as a temporary number to be used in sending the abstracts.
- The abstract/s must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Make use of the temporary number and title as filename and subject of email. Abstracts must be sent not later than 15 January 2022. Abstracts submitted in any other manner shall not be accepted
Abstracts to be sent via email should follow specified format belowPaper size: 8*10
- Maximun of 500 words (inclusive of Title, Authors and Affiliations)
- Margin: Top and Bottom = 1 in; Right and Left = 1 in
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Title (centered, bold, upper and lower case, font size: 12)
- Author(s) (centered, upper and lower case, font size: 11); authors should use first and surname; presenting author should be underlined, name major/main author should be in bold face; use number superscripts if there are more than one affiliation of authors
- Affiliation (centered, upper and lower case, italized, Font size: 10); if authors are from different institutions indicate with superscripts respective affiliations. Include the address of the presenting author to enable interested parties to contact the author; including telephone, fax, and e-mail.
- Abstract body (justified, font size: 11)
- Keywords (justified in lower case font size: 11)
- Word format (97-2003 version)
Guidelines in preparing abstracts
- The “Abstract” should fit in one (1) 8*10 page, using the format specified above.
- The “Introduction” part should contain the scope and purpose of the work in 2-3 short sentences only.
- The “Experimental Approach” should be described briefly.
- Only “Highlights of Results” should be presented, which should be quantitative if possible, or as the nature of the paper permits.
- Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, they should be listed with their meanings at the end of abstract.
- Only major “Conclusions” should be stated. No more than five keywords should be mentioned.