The DOST Granted Patent, Utility Model, and Industrial Design (GP/UM/ID) Awards are given in recognition of the efforts of DOST technology developers whose technologies have been granted patent/utility model/ industrial design registration in the last three (3) years preceding the award.
- The technology developer should be an employee of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). Former employee/s of DOST should provide a certification that he/she has been part of the DOST agency during which the technology has been developed or registered.
- The GP/UM/ID certificates and registrability reports issued by the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) should indicate the investor’s/maker’s affiliation as “Department of Science and Technology” or “DOST”. The same document should contain no adverse finding/s.
- The GP/UM/ID certificates and registrability reports issued by the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) should reflect technical novelty. Entries with the same novel features and title is subject for disqualification.
- Foreign GP/UM/ID registration should be accompanied by a copy of the certificate of registration as verified by the Bureau of Patents of IPOPHL.
- A duly accomplished GP/UM/ID Form should be submitted together with a photocopy of the patent/utility model/industrial design documents.
|Type of Registration
|Utility Model Registration
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of March on the year of the award.
You may upload your nomination/registration at https://recognition.nast.dost.gov.ph/index.php/dost-awards.