The Magsaysay Future Engineers/Technologists Award aims to encourage young Filipino students to pursue a career in science, engineering, and technology and to recognize outstanding research outputs on engineering and technology at the collegiate level.
- Candidate Qualification:
- Filipino citizen
- Bachelor of Science (BS) student or recent graduate with research/study/thesis on engineering sciences and technology
- Must not have graduated with BS degree before October 1 prior to the year of the award
- Of good moral character
- Able to present the research/study/thesis output during the paper presentation, which will be scheduled.
The competition is open to Bachelor of Science students enrolled, or graduated within the recent twelve months, in an Engineering or Engineering Technology related program (refer to Annex A for the non-exclusive listing of possible programs).
Nominations to this award shall be made/endorsed by the school administrators, or heads of professional, academic, or honor societies, with the following requirements:
- duly accomplished nomination form
- comprehensive biodata
- copy of publication/pre-print based on his/her research/thesis/study
- Transcript of Records
- certification from co-author/s allowing the nominee to present the paper
- fcertification from co-authors on the extent of the role of the nominee in the research/thesis/study, or from the nominator/endorser in case of sole authorship
- relative standing of the nominee in his/her batch
The Criteria for judging are as follows:
- Person (20%)
- Output (80%)
- Methodology (20%)
- Quality of innovativeness/originality/creativity (15%)
- Quality of write-up of the submitted research/thesis/study document/s (15%)
- Contribution to science/technology knowledge and/or impact on Philippine business and industry (30%)
A Plaque of Recognition shall be awarded to each of the First, Second, and Third Prize winners together with a cash prize of PhP 100,000, PhP 50,000 and PhP 30,000, respectively. The other winners will each receive a citation and PhP 10,000 cash award.
You may access our online nomination/registration at https://recognition.nast.dost.gov.ph/index.php/dost-awards.