The digital poster should be attractive, well-organized, self-explanatory, and should present only the main ideas. Do not overwhelm your audience with unnecessary data or explanations. The discussion should give the interpretation and significance of the results. Try to give the viewer one or two important conclusions to take away from the session. The following specific points may help in the preparation of the posters:
1. PRESENTATION. Please prepare 2 formats of poster presentation (same contents)
- 4 small square slides/jpeg ;
- 1 square slide /pdf (a merged version of the 4 square slides) in pdf format
2. FILE TYPE. Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) and Portable Document Format (PDF)
3 SIZE. Consider the big square slide at 46cm x46 cm and the following resolution.
- PDF 300 dpi
- JPEG 300 dpi per slide (4 slides)
4. TEXT LETTERING. In typesetting the text, choose a simple typeface. Use upper- and lower-case standard letters. Text should be readable even when zoomed and not pixelated.
5. TEXT COLORS. Good two-color combinations are black on white, black on yellow, black on pink, dark red on white, dark blue on white and dark blue on yellow. Dark type on light, with a plain background is easiest to read.
6. ILLUSTRATIONS. Photographs and graphs should not pixelate when zoomed. Do not clutter with unnecessary details. Diagrams and graphs should have no more than 6 lines in contrasting colors. Graphs are preferable to tables.
7. CONTENT. Give a brief “Introduction” stating the background and purpose of the study. Include key experiments only or main “Methodology” Only highlights of “Results” should be presented. End with a brief “Conclusion.” Minimize words while maximizing the visuals (see illustration for possible content division)
Background and purpose of the study
Respective roles of authors in the study
8. TITLE AND AUTHOR. The specific role or contribution of each of the author/s should be stated at the last slide. The title and author/s should be the same as in the submitted abstract.
9. ORGANIZATION. The design should flow sequentially from one slide to the next. Numbers or arrows may be used to help the eye move from item to item in the correct order, left to right, top to bottom. Do not clutter with either text or artwork.
10. SUBMISSION JPEG and PDF SCIENTIFIC POSTERS. The digital scientific poster must be emailed on or before 07 June 2022. At email@example.com. The following details must be emailed together with the submission:
- Subject name of the Email – POSTER NO. (Ex. ASD-001)
- INCLUDE A FACEBOOK NAME THAT CAN BE TAGGED FOR POSTING
- NAME OF MAJOR AUTHOR (please keep mind that a major author must only be named once for all of the total of 6 divisions)
- NAME OF PRESENTING AUTHOR
- TOTAL NUMBER OF AUTHORS AND THEIR NAMES
- FILE NAMES SHOULD BE POSTER NUMBER A-D (ex. ASD 001-A, ASD 001-B, ASD 001 -C, ASD 001-D )
You may email the NAST POSTER Secretariat (Ms. JEREME E. MAPA) for any clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org.