- Assist in the implementation of plans, programs, and activities related to the Advisory Function of NAST;
- Analyze and interpret research results;
- Coordinate with focal persons and committee chairpersons to keep track of their activities and accomplishments;
- Organize project-related activities such as but not limited to policy fora, roundtable discussions, focus group discussions, and seminars of each division at NAST PHL;
- Prepare appropriate communication materials to promote the Advisory activities of the Academy;
- Prepare required reports including press releases, minutes of the meetings, and other writing needs;
- Provide administrative support to the unit and perform other duties related to the project.
- Intermediate Analytical skills – ability to learn, adapt, and formulate a research issue, including capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Intermediate Interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to communicate/deal effectively with the policy makers and media
- Intermediate Written communication skills – writes well-organized and clear press releases and reports
- Intermediate Oral communication skills – able to talk to others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Intermediate Organizational skills – manages and organizes one to two events at the same time
- Intermediate Problem-solving skills – uses good judgement and resolves problems/concerns regarding assigned tasks
- Relevant education: Bachelor’s degree (communication course preferably Development Communication, Journalism or any degree with in research-heavy field)
- Relevant experience: None required
- Relevant training: None required
- Eligibility: None required
Period of engagement: 16 April – 30 June 2023 (with possible renewal)
The National Academy of Science and Technology invites all interested applicants including persons with disability (PWD), members of indigenous communities, and those of any sexual orientation and gender identities (SOGI) to signify their interest in writing. NAST complies with the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (EEOP) and that no person with disability shall be denied access to opportunities for suitable employment.
Submit the following documents to the Finance and Administrative Division, NAST, DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City or thru electronic mail (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of application addressed to Ms. LUNINGNING E. SAMARITA-DOMINGO, Director IV; indicate the position code on the subject of the letter;
- Updated Personal Data Sheet including the Work Experience Sheet (download from website of the Civil Service Commission) with recent 2x2 picture;
- Diploma and Official Transcript of Records, if any;
- Certificate of Training; and
- Certificate of Employment with Actual Duties and Responsibilities.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 14 March 2023.
Only applications with complete documents shall be processed.
DEXTER A. BAUTISTA
Officer-in-Charge, Finance and Administrative Division
Date of Posting: 08 March 2023