The National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines (NAST PHL) will hold the Virtual Presentation of Selected Nominees and Awarding Ceremony for the 2021 Magsaysay Future Engineers/Technologists (MFET) Award on December 3, 2021 via Zoom and Facebook live.
Young engineers and technologists from different academic institutions will compete for the prestigious award. The MFET contenders with their presentation titles are:
- Chester Kenneth A. Andra, Mapua University – “Increased performance and antifouling of mixed-matrix membranes of cellulose acetate with hydrophilic nanoparticles of polydopamine-sulfobetaine methacrylate for oil-water separation”.
- Anne Gille P. Balmadrid, University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) – “Prediction of Paddy Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Seed Quality Parameters Using Visible and Near-Infrared (VIS-NIR) Spectroscopy”.
- Darius Joseph R. Diamante, De La Salle University (DLSU) – “Analyzing the Black Nazarene Procession in Manila City”.
- John Francis R. Chan, UPLB - “Development of a Microcontroller-based Oil Spill Monitoring Buoy”.
- Jerome Ignatius T. Garces, DLSU - “Life Cycle Assessment of Self-healing Geopolymer Concrete”.
- K Anthea C. Rana, DLSU - “A Binary Hyperbox Classifier Model for Hydrogen Storage in Magnesium (Mg) and Complex Hydrides”.
- Howell Jay A. Sigua, University of Santo Thomas - “Development of an Electroencephalogram-Based Brain Computer Interface using Hybrid-Scale Convolutional Neural Network for Upper Limb Control in Spinal Cord Injury Patients”.
The first, second, and third best papers are entitled to Php 100,000, Php 50,000, and Php 20,000 cash incentives, respectively. Awardees will also receive a plaque of recognition from the NAST PHL.
MFET is an institutionalized DOST Award undertaken by NAST, which aims to recognize outstanding research outputs on engineering and technology at the collegiate level and to encourage young Filipino students to pursue a career in science.
Register now to catch the virtual presentation of the contenders! Click on the link: https://bit.ly/2021MFETVPP on December 3, 2021 | via Zoom and Facebook Live. (Khasmer Marbella/NASTPHL)