BICUTAN, TAGUIG CITY—The National Academy of Science and Technology, Philippines (NAST PHL) will conduct the Virtual Paper Presentation of Finalists of the 2022 NAST Talent Search for Young Scientist (NTSYS) Award on April 11, 2022 via Zoom and Facebook live. Five (5) exemplary finalists from different institutions will vie for the coveted award.
The year’s finalists and their selected paper for presentations are
- Melchizedek I. Alipio, De La Salle University – “RT-CaCC: A Reliable Transport with Cache-Aware Congestion Control Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks”
- Renann G. Baldovino, De La Salle University – “A hybrid fuzzy logic-PLC-based controller for earthquake simulator system”
- Miriam F. Bongo, De La Salle University – “Effect of Fatigue in Air Traffic Controllers’ Workload, Situation Awareness, and Control Strategy”
- Virgilio D. Ebajo, Jr., De La Salle University - “Regenerable Acidity of Graphene Oxide in Promoting Multicomponent Organic Synthesis”
- Jae Joseph Russell B. Rodriguez, University of the Philippines Los Baños - “An integrated system for forensic DNA testing of sexual assault cases in the Philippines”
The NAST Talent Search for Young Scientists is a project of NAST PHL to encourage young people to pursue a career in science. The Board of Judges will be chaired by National Scientist Raul V. Fabella with Acd. Ruben L. Villareal, Acd. Jose Maria P. Balmaceda, Acd. Carmencita D. Padilla, Acd. William T. Torres, Acd. Gisela P. Concepcion, and Usec. Renato U. Solidum Jr. of the Department of Science and Technology as members.
The best presentors will receive plaques of recognition and a cash prize of P100,000 for the First Prize, P50,000 for the 2nd Prize, and P30,000 for the 3rd Prize. The First Prize Winner will also be receiving a research grant worth P500,000 from the Department of Science and Technology for an approved proposal. The special citations will receive a plaque of recognition a cash incentive of P10,000.