- Provide technical assistance in the development of policy recommendations, science advisories, policy map, etc.
- Conduct activities related to the development and implementation of the NAST Corporate Identity and Brand Guidelines and Corporate Communication Plan/Program;
- Analyze and interpret the research results and activity/workshop outputs;
- Assist in the organization of Advisory-related activities such as but not limited to policy fora, roundtable discussions, focused group discussions, and similar activities;
- Prepare required reports, including press releases, minutes of meetings and other writing needs; and
- Provide administrative support related to the activities and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Perform tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Effective communication (ability to communicate in writing and orally with linguistic and cultural proficiency; suggest approaches for disseminating information; convey data and information to professionals and the public using a variety of approaches; facilitate communication among individuals, groups, and organizations)
- Analytical/Assessment skills (ability to learn, adapt, and formulate a research issue, including the capacity to work in an interdisciplinary environment)
- Program planning skills (ability to develop program goals and objectives; ability to gather the information that can be used by the experts in making policies, programs, and activities)
- Cultural competency skills (ability to recognize the contribution of diverse perspectives in developing, implementing, and evaluating policies, programs, and services that affect the Academy)
- Editing and publishing competency (knowledgeable of creative production software, editing, publishing, and distribution methods, standards, and practices; knowledge of established reference manuals, guidelines, and basic copyright law; ability to apply rules of English usage to correct grammatical and writing errors; ability to aid in maintaining up-to-date writing/editing standards and guidelines)
- Financial planning and management (ability to contribute to the development of program budgets; describe program performance standards and measures)
- Relevant education: Graduate of Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, Social Science or other related courses
- Relevant experience: One (1) year of relevant work experience, preferably in Policy Research and Events Management
- Relevant training: Eight (8) hours of relevant training
- Eligibility: Not required
Period of engagement: 1 December – 31 December 2023 (with possible renewal)
Interested applicants including persons with disability (PWD), members of indigenous communities and those from any sexual orientation and gender identities (SOGI) are invited to submit the following documents to the Finance and Administrative Division, NAST, DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City or thru electronic mail (email@example.com):
- Letter of application with position code (2023-34-GF-ADV-PTS1) addressed to Ms. Luningning E. Samarita-Domingo, Director IV
- Updated Personal Data Sheet including the Work Experience Sheet (download from website of the Civil Service Commission) with recent 2x2 picture
- Diploma and Official Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Trainings, if any
- Certificate of Employment with Actual Duties and Responsibilities, if any
The deadline of submission of applications is on 30 November 2023.
Only applications with complete documents shall be processed.
MARIA THERESA E. CAASI
Chief Administrative Officer
Chief Administrative Officer
Date of Posting: 24 November 2023